Thursday, June 14, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} "Peepo!"

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Brought to you by Like Mother, Like Daughter

"Here's a little baby
One, two, three . . . "

Things are feeling rather {real} tonight. The house is finally quiet, and I'm taking a bit of a break before tackling the mess that's left after the little ones are in bed. We are potty training these days! Exciting, but it can be exhausting. Progress is being made, but some other aspects of life have gone on the back burner. Things aren't exactly picture worthy around here!

But on days like this one I take great comfort and delight in this children's book. Did you recognize those opening lines?





I love Peepo! It has to be one of my favourites. It is {pretty, happy, funny, real}!

I especially love the charming depictions of {real} life inside this little British household. Things don't have to be "picture worthy" to be "picture book worthy."





So when I look around and see the mess of our everyday life, I imagine myself as the mum in this picture and feel a little more content.



Ok, now back to the kitchen to get those dishes done!


round button chicken


~lg


2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, you're doing pretty well if you can find time to blog - I think you must have a good sense of balance.

    Blessings to your family -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella and I love Peepo! We don't read it too often now that she's a 'big girl' of 7.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...