Saturday, May 4, 2019

Spring at last

Spring is late coming this year. We usually see our first dandelion pop up on the south side of the house sometime in April, but this year, we had to wait till May 2!







I bought my very first watercolour set not long ago. I'm trying it out in my nature notebook. I really have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to painting, but I'm having fun with colour. This is a robin I copied from Bateman's Birds of Eastern North America.






All the green things bursting out stir a great wonder and longing in me, and when these are turned toward God, I believe it is prayer.




I desire the the fountainhead of life.
I desire the breath behind the wind, the green that kisses the new blades of grass, the master of the robins' symphony.
I desire the heat of the eastern sun, and the whisper that sends the kingfisher north again.
I desire the gravity that pulls the world toward spring.


~Lindsey


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a long wait. We usually see our first ones in February/March or so! You must be in a much cooler zone than we are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...