Saturday, October 22, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real} on October 22

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Brought to you by Like Mother, Like Daughter


Ok, I really need some contentment in my life today. Because if I think about the unfinished projects or the Visa bill, I might just have a breakdown!

{pretty} & {happy}

Look, I'm teaching myself how to crochet!! This makes me happy. Once upon a time I knew, thanks to lessons from Grandma Lil, but that was a looong time ago, so it's basically like starting all over again.



After practicing and pulling out a few rows, I think I'm getting the hang of it. I did drop a row at the beginning, I think, but have managed to keep it going alright. I want to make Arden a scarf!










The turquoise wool is so pretty, don't you think? And it's 100% wool. Hopefully it won't be too scratchy, but it does feel fairly soft.


{funny} & {real}

Last Saturday we went for a walk on the Hunter River section of the Confederation Trail. We were delighted to find quite a nice park area, perfect for an outing with Arden.

Here is Arden trotting down a leaf-strewn path by the river. I love her curiosity and sense of confidence as she strikes out on new paths!



And I guess she was a little tired after all that walking. . .



Funny little thing!



round button chicken


~lg

4 comments:

  1. Can you make me an arena jacket??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your wool. I can't believe Arden fell asleep outside - she must have been really worn out from all that walking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She wasn't actually sleeping, she just put her head down for a little while, then popped back up and started down the trail again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...