Friday, June 17, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real} on June 17

~ Capturing the context of contentment in the everyday ~

Contentment . . . I am reminded this morning of the verse in 1 Timothy 6:6 that says, "godliness with contentment is great gain." When godliness is my priority, it is much easier to look around at all He has given and be content.

I am trying to be more intentional about being thankful. It should become my default posture toward God, toward life. And that implies a sense of trust. I trust that what the Father of Lights has chosen to give me is good and perfect. I trust that I have all I need, and more than enough. I trust that poverty of spirit brings about the kingdom of heaven in so many ways, and thankfulness opens my eyes to see it and my heart to receive it.

{pretty}

The irises have come up on the south side of the house!




{happy}

I now have a real clothesline! We had been making do with a line of old rope strung up between the house and the lamp post in the yard, but the colour on the rope was starting to rub off on the clothes, besides being a little too low and just not a real moving line. Last weekend Micah and Dave put up a big post beside the shed and hung up the line so I can access it right off the back porch. I've got three loads out drying now, and that makes me happy!

I just love the look of little diapers on the line :)


{funny}

Arden was out crawling in the grass this morning, and when the neighbour's tractor went by she gave it a little wave! I just missed the wave on the camera, but here she is looking at it drive by.



















{real}

This is the slope in the front yard which faces north. At one time you can see there was a perennial bed here. It has parts of the rock border left, mostly buried, and some of the black plastic stuff they put down to keep the weeds at bay. The weeds have obviously since taken over, and I'm not really sure what's in here. I probably won't get to it this year . . .  any ideas for low maintenance perennials that don't need much direct sun? I was wondering about planting heather. Does anyone have any experience with heather?




~~~


round button chicken


~lg

3 comments:

  1. Those nappies on the line look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could join us! Your clothesline is awesome. I love the kind you can move. Makes so much sense, and that's the kind I had in our old house. I could stand all sheltered on our back porch and get a load of wet clothes out in about 10 minutes!

    Try hosta and daylillies on your slope. They will grow anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm so envious of that clothesline! We put in a chicken coop this spring and it took my line. There is only one place left to put one and my husband doesn't like the idea. He thinks he can figure something else out. In the meantime... sigh.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...