Thursday, July 10, 2008

penny-pinching



When it comes to money (especially as we're still in student mode), I've decided I need to adopt 3 attitudes:
1) Contentment - with what we do have and can afford

"I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble mans, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:11-13)

2) Creativity - in saving money and creating beauty on a budget

"She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight. She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong. She senses her gain in good; her lamp does not go out at night." (Proverbs 31:13, 17-18)

3) Commitment - to pay off before we spend more

"The borrower becomes the lender's slave." (Proverbs 22:7)



All the days of the afflicted are bad,
But a cheerful heart has a continual feast.
Better is a little with the fear of the LORD
Than great treasure and turmoil without it.
Better is a dish of vegetables where love is
Than a fattened ox served with hatred.

(Proverbs 15:15-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...