Friday, January 6, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} on January 6

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Brought to you by Like Mother, Like Daughter


{pretty} & {happy}


I almost forgot to post pictures of my Christmas craft! I couldn't post them before Christmas, since my craftiness was also gitftiness. And since I am not a very crafty person, I was very proud of myself!

Back in the fall I purchased a needle felting kit to make two little elves, and decided that I would make them for my sisters. I had no idea what was involved in the process, other than the finished product looked awfully cute on the package and I figured, in a Leila-like thought process, if they can do it, well so can I!

And I did!


 Aren't they cute?

























And it was quite fun actually! I was rather amazed that just poking the little needle in and out would make the wool stick! It took me a few days to put them together, and then I packaged them up and sent them up north.

I think I would definitely do needle felting again! I think I could actually come up with my own little creations to make.


{funny} & {real}

One day when Arden was eating her peanut butter toast, I looked over and she was smearing the toast all over her face! She thought it quite hilarious.



She also enjoys helping me with various chores, but especially anything to do with laundry. She gets her little stool up by the washer and helps me put things in, is fascinated by all the beeping and bumping and whirring of the machine, throws wet things in the dryer, runs over to get the clothes when the dryer cycle is finished, and then slams the door with great glee. We dry most of our clothes on our drying racks though, and now she isn't satisfied unless I give her a few things to hang up - she's still getting the hang of it!








Thank you Auntie Leila for brightening my day with these posts!

round button chicken

~lg

2 comments:

  1. Love your little felt people! How creative.

    Ick on the peanut butter. That oily stuff is hard to remove, but it looks like both of you have a sense of humor about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good little helper! And, your elves are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...