Friday, May 31, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} on May 31

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Brought to you by Like Mother, Like Daughter

{pretty}

This is a dresser we pulled out of one of our old, racoon-inhabited sheds! (I'm not sure if it's technically a dresser or a sideboard, or something else.)


Micah had to do some repairs to put it all back together, and it needed a good cleaning. I've treated some of it with Murphy's Oil Soap - you can see I haven't done the doors yet - and I'll probably go over the whole thing again. It's in pretty rough shape, but I rather like it!


I had originally thought of putting it in the upstairs hall to use as linen storage, because this old house is lacking in closets and most of my linens are just in plastic tubs. But then we brought it into the dining room to work on, and it kind of became a sideboard! Now I can't decide what to do with it. It's a little crowded with the current furniture arrangement. I know it's in danger of becoming a stuff collector, but I do like having a place for pretty things or extra serving dishes, etc.








{happy}

Arden loves to ride on the lawn tractor with Daddy! This was the eve of her third birthday. (Another birthday post to come soon!)

She just sings and sings over the noise of the tractor.











Special times together.


{funny}

Somebody has decided crayons are good to eat.




{real}

It was just a regular, after dinner evening walk by the river. And then, Micah found these in the bullrushes and mud. . .



And then THIS. . .



An old carriage wheel! Those spokes are wood, surprisingly not rotted away, and the hub and wheel itself are metal. Isn't it amazing?



And to finish off today's post, a little girl who fell asleep waiting for Mommy to read her a story. I was getting Jack settled, and she was just too tired to keep her eyes open. . .



Don't worry, I read The Three Bears to her the next night. :)


round button chicken



~lg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...