Thursday, June 2, 2011

St Frances of Rome on Housekeeping

I came across this quote on a blog today. It's one of those thoughts that helps keep things in balance.

"It is most laudable in a married woman to be devout, but she must never forget that she is a housewife. And sometimes she must leave God at the altar to find Him in her housekeeping.”
 ~ St. Frances of Rome


I would also add that there are times that one needs to leave housekeeping to find God at the altar. I think the thing is to be living daily with God so one knows where God is speaking. And wherever that may be, in a sink full of dishes, or in the sanctuary at prayer meeting, listen.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that quote! I'm heading off to Facebook to share it right now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...