Friday, March 2, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} on March 2

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Brought to you by Like Mother, Like Daughter

This week's contentment is the result of a sudden urge I had last night to sweep and mop all the floors on one side of the house - dining room, pantry and kitchen. I hadn't done it in a while and was tired of sticky patches! By 10 pm, the kitchen was sparkling, the rooms were tidy and the floors were clean. I just had to stay up a little longer and enjoy my quiet, clean rooms!

I lit a few candles and got out a few books, ready to settle in for a few minutes of reading and reflection.

{happy}

I think I breathed an audible sigh of contentment when I sat down. How happy to enjoy the fruit of one's labours!



This picture is slightly out of focus due to the lighting, but it captures the overall atmosphere of calm. I had been longing for fresh flowers, so I picked up these tulips at the grocery store today in the 50% off bucket.


{pretty}


Flowers and candles and books! I'm in heaven!




This is the book we have just started for our moms small group, another thing I am quite happy about!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!


round button chicken


~lg

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....there is something very satisfying, even comforting about freshly clean floors! :) It's on my list of things to do for tomorrow.
    I didn't get to doing {p,h,f,r} this week. Oh well! I think this week's will be a birthday edition...
    Off to watch "Road to Avonlea" and fold some laundry, dear heart - guess which episode?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...